Sunday, August 1, 2010

[INTRO] Shouldn't have left you... Without a dope beat to step to...

I suppose I've never been one to shy away from challenges. And with my life thrown into the balances lately, this summer has been about renewal, rebirth, refocus... revival.

After a lifetime of bringing music and dance to the people, my last lover made me complicit in the vicious thoughtcrime that "adult" life didn't contain clubs, music... dance... I realize now that she just lacked the capacity, the depth, the volume... to empathize with the beat that drives me and so many others obsessed with music.

I am here as penance for the sins I've committed against myself, letting someone turn down my volume, letting someone stop my beat, letting someone take the needle off my record... and for the sins I've committed against others - letting someone stop me from doing what I do very well; bringing joy and love to others through the music and dance that I'd once spread to others through writing and djing music.

As part of this reformation, I have taken up dancing again. Specifically, swing, blues, and of course I've returned to my comfort zone of concerts and clubs.

I intend to chronicle some of my adventures here as I learn to dance swing, as I explore the vast worlds of new music I have been ignoring, and as I prepare - and begin - to start DJing again.

So - 
Welcome, enjoy, and save the next dance for me.



-Outro-

Mr. Scruff ft Alice Russell - "Music Takes Me Up"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojl2KLCGT4I&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment